Outcomes for 2013
Teaching/Performance of Primary Duties (55 %)
- Teach 8-week section of UL100 and implement iPad comic app assignment.
- Develop series of online video tutorials focused on information literacy topics (align these videos with our lessons in UL100). Develop series of Information Literacy workshops, structure for formalized one-on-one personal librarian sessions, and advertising for multiple layers of instruction.
- Work with partner departments and increase both number of relevant LibGuides for specific courses, instructional opportunities, as well as inclusion of library-specific information in syllabi and/or handouts.
- Weed History and Education sections on 4th floor and 4th deck.
- Work with SLIM and Nursing to develop Informatics Collection.
- Continue writing Information Now guide to information literacy for University of Chicago Press, with the intent of finishing the first draft of the book by April.
- Present at WAAL Conference on using comics and humor in the classroom.
- Present at LOEX (with Alex Mudd) on iPad comic app assignment for UL100
- Write and submit chapter proposal for The Embedded Librarian’s Cookbook addressing the iPad comic assignment.
- Continue research on student comfort and satisfaction with instructional comic books.
- Write chapter (with Terri Summey and Alex Mudd) on embedded librarianship.
- Apply for 2014 ACRL Immersion Program.
- Identify and apply for grant(s) that would support programming for partner departments.
- Continue serving on Strategic Plan Task Force.
- Continue serving on FRC.
- Volunteer for an ACRL committee (most likely instruction section).
- Plan, implement, and supervise a practicum experience for SLIM student(s) involving UL100 and/or information literacy tutorials/instruction.
Click HERE to download a Word version of 2013 Outcomes